CURRENT COMMANDER: Col. Larry Niedringhaus
|From the WHS Org Chart (see full chart here)|
Col. Kolin V. Bernardoni July 2015 - July 2018
Col. Ramona Plemmons July 2012 - July 2015
Col. Jeffrey Brlecic July 2010 - July 2012
Col. Daniel S. Roper 2005 - 2007
Col Sherry L. Carpenter 2001 - 2004
Cdr S G Albers ???? - 2000
There was a Change of Command for the Raven Rock Mountain Complex in July 2018. Here was the job posting for a secretary for the previous Raven Rock / Site R commander.
If there has been a change of command since 2018, please send me an email or leave a comment below. If you are the new Commander, congratulations and welcome aboard!
The responsibilities of the RRMC Commander are set forth in DOD Instruction 5110.11. The Commander must be a commissioned officer in the grade of Colonel, or Captain in the Navy. The responsibilities include:
- Manage the organizational and staff elements of RRMC. Exercise overall authority and responsibility for the operation, management, IT, security, and force protection.
- In collaboration with the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), develop, coordinate, and execute comprehensive planning, training, and exercises necessary to protect RRMC from hostage situations, bomb threats, civil disturbances, and penetration/seizure efforts by militants, terrorists, unlawful demonstrators, or other criminal elements.
- Maintain the capability to support the execution of DOD mission essential functions (MEF) in an all-hazards threat environment.
- Perform joint reception, staging, onward movement, and integration (JRSOI) when required.
- Exercise overall on-site responsibility for antiterrorism and force protection, physical security, fire protection and emergency services, law enforcement, and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive (CBRNE) defense to ensure that RRMC can continue operations in the event of a national security emergency.
- Plan, program, and budget for the operation and management of RRMC in accordance with guidance provided by the WHS Financial Management Directorate.
- Exercise overall on-site responsibility for common IT support and IM services.
- Provide and maintain installation food service operations capable of supporting all military and civilian personnel in an all-hazards threat environment, to include all contingency situations, surges, operations, and exercises.
- Provide base operations support to Operating Location Alpha, Air Force Operations Group (OL-A, AFOG), and provide sufficient internal and external workspaces to allow OL-A,
- AFOG, to meet weather support requirements.